- 130g flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 110g butter or butter alternative
- 150g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 160g oats
- 1 medium apple, cored, peeled and cut or grated.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until smooth and creamy, add the egg and vanilla essence, stir to combine.
- Peel and grate the apple.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt into the bowl, add the oats and apple, stir until everything is combined and consistent.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line baking sheets with greased parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide equally into 10-12 portions on the baking tray.
- Baked at 160 for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.