YOU CAN SUPPORT OUR WORK BY DONATING TO OUR CROWDFUNDER AND READ MORE ABOUT OUR WORK ON OUR WEBSITE
Edinburgh Food Social
Since 2015, Edinburgh Food Social has shared a passion for local, sustainable and seasonal food through hands-on cookery classes, workshops, school projects and community meals, affecting well over food 1500 people living in the top 10% of Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation.
In 2019, we launched our flagship Good Food Apprenticeship– an employability programme giving young people the skills and understanding to create a career for themselves in the food industry.
In 2020, we co-founded Food for Good as a response to the Coronavirus pandemic, providing individuals and communities with ready-to-heat food.
We believe that everyone in Scotland deserves to have access to the great produce we have on our doorstep and the means to cook with it if they want to.
Our goals are to:
- Enhance lives and improve health through learning about food.
- Build confidence by giving people the skills and resources to provide for themselves and their families.
- Provide safe places for community meals and food events.
- Nourish people by providing easier access to sources of good food.
- Inspire young people and offer a supported and respected career path into the hospitality industry.
- Create a food culture that supports the people who live in Scotland.