Edinburgh Food Social
We teach young people employability programme giving young people the skills and understanding to create a career for themselves in the food industry.
In 2020, we co-founded Food for Good as a response to the Coronavirus pandemic, providing individuals and communities with ready-to-heat food. Food for Good were the first responders to a need for food in Edinburgh and since then we have gone on to cook and distribute over 130,000 meals to those who needed them around our three pillars of community, dignity and sustainability.
We believe that everyone in Scotland deserves to have access to the great produce we have on our doorstep and the means to cook with it if they want to.
Our goals are to:
- Enhance lives and improve health through learning about food.
- Build confidence by giving people the skills and resources to provide for themselves and their families.
- Provide safe places for community meals and food events.
- Nourish people by providing easier access to sources of good food.
- Inspire young people and offer a supported and respected career path into the hospitality industry.
- Create a food culture that supports the people who live in Scotland.
“St. Teresa's have worked in partnership with Edinburgh Food Social during the pandemic in December to deliver food packages to those in need within our local community. EFS is a great addition to our multi-agency network. They work extremely well with our young people and offer an informative insight to where the food is sourced and how it has been prepared. This information is then relayed to our service users via our youth volunteers. Moreover, those who have received food packages have given us excellent feedback. I look forward to the continuation of our collaborative journey.'”